POPULACE’S ANNUAL SUMMER EVENT IS BACK
After a brilliant night last year, we are very excited to be hosting this year’s event at The Russet. Tickets are just £5 on the door and show starts at 8pm with a DJ and dancing to follow. From performance art, to creep folk and a tranarchist pop outfit – come join us for a night of art, optimism and dancing. Acts confirmed so far include:
– Creep folk from the incredible Beach Violence: Pablo Navarro MacLochlainn, Jessica Barker-Wren & Adam Langstaff
– A snapshot from Populace’s latest show-in-the-making, “Protest: The Musical” where, Gabriella Schmidt & Kristina Epenetos show you what “Let’s Have A Kiki” has to do with Direct Action
– Readings by William Thomas Wyld – poet and female impersonator
– Tanmay Dhanania with his transformative piece about what it is to be a Hijra
– Olly Hawes on seeing things as they really are – And “Intertwined”
– a new short play by Tom Ross-Williams about an encounter between an intersex couple starring Amelia Stubberfield & Leo Wan
– Seda Yildiz gives us a sneak preview of her comedy show ‘YES’ before she heads to Edinburgh.
– AND the debut performance from Tranarchist Pop Outfit LAURA ASHLEY frontlined by brothers John & Justin Fitzpatrick
The night will also play host to artist Yasmine Akim‘s latest series of photographs “Vagina Dentata” and our resident DJ for the night Finnola D’Albert who will be busting out her tunes for you to dance off your past selves.
If you can come please click “attending” on the facebook event – we look forward to seeing you there!